ST OCTANE ACADEMY
Driving Day: Lots of track time!
The program is built on our tried-and-true Ford Performance Racing School format. So, those of you who like driving 55 in the fast lane with your arm out the window may be a little disappointed. All day, every day, we are a racing school. That means that all you speed addicts will have more than ample opportunity to see exactly what an ST is capable of. Oh, and if you’d like to share the fun with a friend, family member or significant other, bring them along! We guarantee they’ll have a good time too [see Guest Upgrades below]! We encourage it!
- For owners of Focus ST and Fiesta ST
- A one-day track/classroom experience
- Builds high performance driving skills
- Learn the dynamics of your ST
- Discover proper driving posture and seating positions
- Instructors group comprised of championship-winning drivers
- Second track day may be available†
- Driving or non-driving programs for guests†
ST Octane Academy begins with a welcome reception dinner which takes place
†These options require fees
STOA Academy begins with the evening reception in the Charlotte Motor Speedway’s Winner’s Circle Lounge (subject to change). This casual program allows you to begin building friendships with fellow Focus ST and Fiesta ST owners and begin preparing for your upcoming driving day. Event runs 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
You will start and finish your driving day at the Ford Performance Racing School welcome center and classroom building. Check-in will open at 7:30 a.m.
Schedule: Driving Day Includes:
- 8:00am start time (sharp)
- Classroom session (approximately 30 minutes)
- On Track lead-and-follow session (you follow the instructor)
- On Track instructor ride-along (instructor rides as passenger)
- On Track demo laps (you ride as passenger with instructor driving)
- Catered lunch
- Forward 180 and Parking Box exercises
- Braking/Corner exercises
- UrbanX practice session [see course below]
- Timed competition on the UrbanX course
- Graduation 4:05pm – 4:30pm
What’s a parking box?
Have you ever wanted to do a handbrake turn into a parking spot? Here’s your chance!
50 Second Video Tour:
UPGRADE OPTIONS ////////////////////////////
Non-Driving Guest Experience // +$179
Each Fiesta ST and Focus ST owner has the option to bring one non-driving guest. Your guest can join you at the reception dinner, sit in on all classroom instruction, watch the on-track excitement, and experience the adrenaline rush of demo laps in the passenger seat of a Fiesta ST/Focus ST with one of our professional drivers at the controls. *Limited availability per class
The Non-Driving Guest Experience Features:
- Joins you in attending the welcome reception dinner
- Sit in on all Classroom Instruction
- Watch the On-Track Action up close and personal
- Joins you for catered lunch
- Ride as a Passenger in a Fiesta ST/Focus ST with a Pro Driver
- Age restrictions – 14 years old minimum
*If you selected not to bring a Guest to the Reception / Day 1 [referred to as the ‘Guest Experience’] during your registration, you clearly understand that you are not allowed to bring any guest to the evening reception, or to the next day’s activities — which includes classroom sessions, on-track experience, and meals — at the racetrack.
† If you purchase a Non-Driving Guest Experience your guest does not drive the Fiesta ST or Focus ST cars.
PERFORMANCE DRIVING DAY UPGRADE
Second Day Driving Option
FPRS Mustang GT $1,795
On select dates, you and a guest can upgrade to an optional second day of Performance Driving for a real taste of what the Ford Performance Racing School has to offer. Based on our one-day school, this full-day program begins with a detailed vehicle-dynamics classroom session that teaches the fundamentals of racing. Next, you’ll hit the race track for on-track instruction with a mid-day break and premium catered lunch. You’ll end the day with a solo drive on our world-class track.
The Performance Driving Day 2 Upgrade Features:
Drive a performance-prepped 2015 Mustang GT on a world-renowned racetrack
- Perfect for drivers at any level
- Learn from professional instructors with championship experience
- Ample track time
- Small class size